Would you like to get in on a great deal? We have two Mystery Grab Boxes that contain a variety of our aromatherapy scents & products. You will receive 3 products with the Small box and 4 with the Large box.
Small Mystery Grab Box (a $19 value)
Large Mystery Grab Box (a $37 value)
Hurry! Deal ends: Saturday, June 20th
Posted in Articles | Tagged aromatherapy, cruelty free, essential oils, mystery grab box, organic skincare, vegan gift | Leave a Comment »
Wishing you and your family a Memorial Day that is filled with pride, warmth, and togetherness.
Save 20% on your entire order!
Use coupon code: MEMORIAL
#vegan #crueltyfree #organicskincare #essentialoils #aromatherapy
Posted in Articles | Tagged aromatherapy, Aromatherapy Bath Salt, bath truffles, bubble bath, cruelty free, essential oil, Fizzy Foaming Bath, lip balm, organic body butters, Organic Perfume, organic skincare, organic soap, vegan, Whipped Sugar Scrubs | Leave a Comment »
In honor of Earth Day (Wednesday, April 22nd) we are excited to announce a sale on all of our individual products. Save 22%!
We love that we are a green company and we try to use as little packaging as possible, so there is less to throw away. Our packing peanuts are made from cornstarch, which dissolve in water. We use sustainable ingredients and recyclable packaging for our bath and body products.
*Use code EARTHDAY at checkout. Not valid on Gift Boxes. Ends Friday, April 24th.
Happy Earth Day!
#crueltyfree #vegan #essentialoils
Posted in Articles | Tagged aromatherapy, aromatherapy body butter, bath and body gift box, Bath Salts, bath truffles, bubble bath, cocoa lime hemp lip balm, cruelty free skincare, essential oils, Fizzy Foaming Bath, organic lip balm, Organic Perfume, organic soap, vegan, Whipped Sugar Scrub | Leave a Comment »
Originally posted on Hothouse Bath and Body News:
Does anyone know what real flowers smell like? As a society, we are inundated with unnatural scents. Faux scents are in almost everything and have deadened our comprehension of the nuances and magic in natural scents. Because of their low cost, synthetics now dominate in the world of personal fragrance. However, the gaining popularity of aromatherapy has made natural oils more readily available.
There is something magical about the smell of an essential oil versus its synthetic counterpart. Scientists have tried to replicate essential oils, but have fallen short, since they have not been able to reproduce several key constituents that are found in natural essential oils. There is no comparison between the smell or the benefits of an essential oil compared to a synthetic. In a synthetic oil, no aromatherapy benefit is gleaned, plus synthetics often harbor phthalates. Phthalates have been found to cause reproductive defects, as well as…
View original 44 more words
Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a Comment »
We have a fun new Easter Gift Box that we would like to share with you, plus receive a free gift with any purchase over $30 (see details below).
Our Easter Gift Box
contains one full-size Bergamot/Ylang Ylang Whipped Sugar Scrub, one 3.1 oz. Vanilla/Lime Organic Body Butter, and one Lotus Blossom Organic Soap. Green crinkle cuts fill the cute “Happy Easter” bunny box, which is reusable.
Free Gift with Purchase!
Receive a free small Lotus Blossom Organic Body Butter with any order over $30. No coupon code needed. Shop Now
Offer Expires at midnight on Sunday, March 29th
Posted in Articles | Tagged easter gift basket, essential oil, organic body butter, organic body products, organic skincare, organic soap, vegan gift, vegan gift box, vegan skincare, Whipped Sugar Scrub | Leave a Comment »
Buy one get one free on any of Hothouse Botanicals‘ organic solid or rollerball perfumes! Add 2 to your cart & use coupon SWEET at checkout for deal.
Choose from our organic solid perfumes :
- Bergamot/Ylang Ylang (spicy orange floral)
- Bourbon Geranium (rosy minty)
- Lavandin/Litsea Cubeba (lavender lemon)
- Licorice Candy (top seller on Amazon.com!)
- Love’s Embrace (floral with jasmine, geranium & peru balsam)
- Seductress (gorgeous green Chypre scent with violet & oakmoss)
Or our organic rollerball perfumes :
- Captivating Cindy (sparkling lime margarita)
- Dazzling Dadra (a sultry patchouli, lavender, vetiver, lemongrass, & oakmoss)
- Lavandin/Litsea Cubeba
- Lotus Blossom (sun-kissed floral with a hint of berries and woods)
- Provocative Pam (flirtatious ginger, ylang ylang, orange aroma with basil and vanilla)
Hurry! Sale ends Saturday, February 14th at midnight. Shop Now: hothousebotanicals.com
Posted in Articles | Tagged BOGO sale, buy one get one free sale, essential oil, organic grapeseed oil, organic jojoba oil, Organic Perfume, organic rollerball perfume, valentines gift, vegan gift | Leave a Comment »
One of my pet peeves with the big box skincare industry is that “tocopheryl acetate” is widely found on ingredient labels for products that are marketed as containing Vitamin E. Marketing synthetic Vitamin E is not only misleading, but this cheap alternative is concerning for many reasons.
What Does Vitamin E Do For Skin?
Vitamin E is a powerful antioxidant and also one of the most researched. It is available in 8 different forms that are either extracted from nature or synthetically produced. Vitamin E molecules derived from nature are known as d-alpha-tocopherol; synthetically created molecules are known as dl-alpha tocopheryl acetate.
In skincare, natural d-alpha-tocopherol is attributed with antioxidant, anti-aging, moisturizing, anti-inflammatory, and enhanced SPF properties, including the following benefits:
- enhances the efficacy of active sunscreen ingredients
- reduces the formation of free radicals from exposure to UV rays
- promotes the healing process
- strengthens the skin’s barrier function
- protects the skin barrier’s lipid balance
- reduces transepidermal water loss
Tocopheryl Acetate: What is It?
This ingredient is basically a form of vitamin E created in the laboratory. Manufacturers take natural vitamin E and add acetic acid to it.
Acetic acid is the main component of vinegar. The word “acid” means just what you’d think—it’s corrosive, and aggravates the skin. Why in the world would manufacturers mix perfectly good vitamin E with this irritating ingredient?
Two words: cheaper and long-lasting. Adding the acid to vitamin E makes it last longer on the shelves. That makes it easier for manufacturers to ship and store their products.
What are the Concerns?
- Irritating to skin, it can cause redness, rashes, and potential allergic reactions. In an animal study, it produced skin sensitizing or skin irritating effects.
- High doses of this ingredient have also been found in animal studies to cause tumors. Though that’s not likely to be a concern if you’re using only a little of the ingredient, as in most personal care products, the concern is the potential buildup over time. We simply don’t have the necessary safety studies on this ingredient when used for several times a day over many years.
- Tocopheryl acetate may be contaminated with hydroquinone (a whitening compound), which can also cause dermatitis, increase sensitivity to UV rays, and may have potentially carcinogenic properties.
Why take the risks with tocopheryl acetate when you do not have to? At Hothouse Botanicals, we only use d-alpha-tocopherol, the pure Vitamin E (with no acids added or tampering in the laboratory). You can find pure Vitamin E in our Cocoa/Lime Hemp Lip Balms and our Whipped Sugar Scrubs. Your skin will be happy!
Posted in Articles | Tagged anti-aging, antioxidant, d-alpha-tocopherol, natural Vitamin E | Leave a Comment »